Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Fun

EGG DECORATING
Lydia displaying her beautiful egg art!




SEA WORLD

Ethan watching the Sea Lions. He was fascinated!

Lydia also enjoyed the Sea Lions!

My little sister Bobbie with her husband Bryan



Ethan all bundled up in the wagon!

Lydia with her new Penguin

Lydia and mommy on a ride together
EASTER MORNING

Lydia's surprise Easter morning!


All dressed up for church

My stud muffin in his new suit. All the ladies loved him!


EASTER EGG HUNT


He would not let go of these eggs!



We had a blast this year for Easter! We started on Thursday Evening by decorating easter eggs (we waited until Ethan went to bed). Lydia had a blast, and I think Jake and I had just as much fun. On Saturday we went to Sea World with my sister Bobbie and her husband Bryan. It was overcast all day but it turned out to be the best day to go because the park wasn't very crowded. We took the red wagon that the kids got for their birthday and they LOVED it! When Ethan got tired we just put the seats down, layed a blanket down, and he slept for like an hour in it! Lydia really enjoyed the Shamu show, but she got very angry when we told her that she couldn't ride Shamu (she kept asking when it would be HER turn!). This morning we layed out all the kids Easter stuff on the table, so Lydia got to see all her goodies when she first woke up. We waited until after church to do the Easter egg hunt (when it was nice and sunny). Ethan did really well, but we would NOT let go of the eggs without a fight! Lydia was suprisingly generous and helped Ethan fill his bucket with eggs. I did try to sit down with Lydia and talk to her about the real meaning behind Easter, but I think she might understand better next year!

6 comments:

The Parks Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Ethan looks adorable! I tried to find Jaxson a cute suit like that but couldn't find one anywhere in his size!

Ashley said...

So cute! I love their Easter outfits!

The Olvera Family said...

They are so cute! Ethan such a cutie in his suit! You guys looked like you had a great Easter!

Andrea said...

I love little Ethan's face in the one pic of him with eggs he found during the hunt! He really wasn't about to give those up was he?
Oh Lydia, you are so grown-up with your purple undies! Finally the day has come that your not running away from the toilet, instead your running to it! Yeah for you girly:) Chloe is shortly behind you, hopefully another week and she will be fully potty trained.
Looks like one fantastic Easter, can't wait to see you all again!!

Andrea said...

oh yeah, I am loving the Easter outfits!!

Ashley and Aaron said...

The face Lydia is pulling in the pic with the stuffed animal at Sea World is pretty fantastic. And I too am a huge fan of Ethan's suit...and his shoes! He is such little stud. Your Easter looks like it was so much fun!