Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Lydia!!

Happy Birthday to my beautiful Lydia Jane! She turned five on the 27th of February.....I can't believe how time has passed so quickly! That means kindergarten starts this year.

Lydia is the most fun-loving, friendly, and tender-hearted girl I know. She is girly in some ways (loves make-up, jewlry, and barbies), but she is mostly a tomboy....she would rather be outside than inside any day of the week. Which is why we took her out of ballet and enrolled her in soccer. She was not interested in twirling and dancing, every week she would ask me if she could quit. Finally, I relented. So last week she started soccer, and yes I may sound like I'm bragging, but she was the BEST player out there! You would think that she had been playing forever, she was so coordinated and so fast....only a few other boys her age could keep up with her! And the icing on the cake--Jake is her team's coach. Is that cute or what?

My little sweetie finally decided, after changing her mind a million times, that she wanted a Hello Kitty cake- to match her new Hello Kitty earrings. So, since I love to ATTEMPT being crafty, I decided to get some frosting pens and make my own Hello Kitty cake. SOOOOO easy.


























Aunt Bobbie got her a cute purple purse and a matching headband. Lydia LOVES carrying this purse around everywhere she goes.





This is something she kept asking for. It's actually a pretty sweet guitar. It came complete with a shoulder strap and sun glasses!



This is the other thing she asked for.....you gotta love Jessie! Yippee, yahoo!



This last present I found for Lydia at Toys R Us. I picked it out because Lydia LOVES animals and doll houses. This has been a big hit. The little animals are SO cute and you can even change their little outfits. This is one present that I enjoy playing with probably just as much as Lydia does!







1 comment:

Ashley and Aaron said...

Happy birthday Lydia! Wish we lived closer so we could have celebrated with you guys. Congrats on the cake...I keep telling myself someday I'll be that mom...maybe for Finn's birthday this year :) And that animal doll house looks AWESOME! I totally want to play with it.