Friday, July 24, 2009

Trouble....with a capital T!

My Lydia Jane is such a creative and fun-loving little girl. During the day she loves to play with other people, and rarely plays with herself. However, when night falls and she is sent to bed, she spends usually at least an hour playing in her room before she falls asleep. This is when she has the time to use her creative energy in many ways. A couple nights ago I went to check on her before I went to bed and in the middle of her room I found a pile of every single hanger that she pulled down from her closet and then there was another pile of all her clothes to the side. All I could do was laugh! yesterday when I went to check on her, this is what I found.....


This must have taken some time!




Lydia proudly displaying her architectural structure.
Tonight when I went to check on her I find this.....

She said she was making "a road" for her stuffed animals. She is waiting half under the covers until she sees that I'm not mad (how could I be mad at such cuteness!)

I bought the kids McDonald's tonight for a special treat, and to be extra generous I let them have chocolate milk with their happy meals instead of white milk. I was sure after Lydia drank her milk (which she gobbled up) that she wouldn't have room for the rest of her food. I told her that we would play for a while with their happy meal toys after she finished eating (it's sad when you have to bribe your child to eat french fries and chicken nuggets). When I came back from putting some laundry away she happily said she finished her dinner. I was a little surprised (this doesn't happen often), but I believed her and so we played for a while. ...Later on I went grab something out of the fridge and found this.......



At least she put it in the fridge instead of the trash!!!! By the way Ethan ate his entire Happy Meal including his chocolate milk (it's not unusual for him to out-eat Lydia!)

8 comments:

The Parks Family said...

Wow what an organized little mess maker she is! Wish we could have come out to see you guys earlier in the month, we are going to have to find a time that works!

Bryan & Bobbie said...

Maybe she has a food cache in her room too that she survives on.

Ariana said...

She is so creative. What a cute girl! We have the same eating issues over here sometimes. Nathaniel can go for days just eating peanut butter and jelly.

Jess and Matt said...

She is so cute! I just have to laugh at the busy sneaky trouble situations that kids get into. Oh, and there was a time when Taylor would out eat Kinzie. Crazy how their appetites fluctuate!

Ashley said...

Lydia cracks me up! Such a silly little girl!

Ashley and Aaron said...

That is so funny that she stashed her food in the fridge. And the messes in her room are funny too -- at least she plays quietly by herself!

Shiloah Baker said...

Oh my goodness, Jules! Lydia had me rolling and rolling with your stories of her. Julia, she is just like her auntie Shi! I did that stuff all the time. Next time you call remind me to tell you some stories. She is just CUTE!!!!

Andrea said...

Lydia is looking more and more like a little girl...I remember when she was just a baby.
She has an imagination just like Chloe!! I love the "book road" for her stuffed animals. Has she been watching the Wizard of Oz?? LOL!
Don't you love it when they start learning how to open the fridge and wanting to poor their own milk or get their own food or hide it in Lydia's case!! HAHAHA!