Saturday, May 22, 2010

Preschool End-of-year Program

The kids were so cute last Thursday for their end-of-the-year preschool program. I am so glad that I decided to enroll the kids in the Western Hills Church of Christ preschool program. It is only on Tues and Thurs from 9-12 (or from 9-2 if you want). The kids have learned so many wonderful things and made lots of good friends. They LOVE their teachers as well (Lydia's teacher is Miss Heidi, and Ethan's teacher is Miss Brooke).



Here is Lydia getting ready for the program. She is excited to sing for us!



Here is Ethan who has no idea what is coming!




It was hillarious when Ethan's class went up (they went first, thankfully). Almost all of the children we crying (Ethan was crying until he got up on stage, then he just had that deer-in-the-headlight look). All of us parents couldn't help laughing, which made the kids cry even more. Once they started singing MOST of the kids stopped crying. Ethan had fun singing "The Wheels on the Bus"!



Ethan was looking everywhere for us and never spotted me despite my frantic waving




This is Ethan motioning for the driver to "move on back" during the Wheels on the Bus song.



Yes, that is drool and slobber all over his sweater!




The poor little girl beside him cried the whole time!




They have an awesome play area at this church. They call it "the courtyard." It is in the middle of the church, surrounded by the building so you can't see it from the road.....I really like that feature.



At the end of the program, all of the older preschoolers who were "graduating" had caps and gowns and got to tell us in the microphone what they want to be when they grow up. One of Lydia's best friends (Alia) is graduating this year (third to the right). Jake said "My kid's not even graduating and I'm getting teary-eyed!" It was so cute!




My favorite songs Lydia sang were "Yes, Jesus Loves Me" and "I got the joy down in my heart." They did sign language to all the songs they sang



Lydia standing in between the kids she played with the most in her class (Josh and Noah). Lydia was always getting into trouble with these two!





More of the Courtyard. I love this Noah's Ark playset. So cute!







Big boy Ethan enjoying the cookies they served after the program!




Lydia and Alia! They are such good friends. Lydia will miss you next year at Preschool Alia!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Those pics were so cute!!! What a cute program! I bet Jake saw Lydia for a split second as a grown woman and that is why he was getting teary eyed!! Bless his heart!