Friday, September 3, 2010

Fishing

Jake took the kids and I to Bishop Mckinnley's pond last Saturday. The kids had blast! Especially Ethan who got to use his new Buzz fishing pole. Lydia caught two fish (with some help from her daddy). She was so excited but very concerned about why the fish was bleeding!












My friend Ashley had a great idea that I "borrowed" for her kids to earn toys. I took mason jars and had Lydia and Ethan decorate them with stickers and then I made a name tag for them. The kids get to put a rock in their jar whenever they help me around the house. When their jars are full, they get to pick out a new toy at the store. They also get to put a penny in their tithing container (I took an old crystal light container and mod-podged decorative paper and then tied ribbon around it). When they get enough pennies in their tithing container they can fill out a tithing envelope and give it to the bishop (they are very excited about this!) Lydia calls it "the Lord bucket."

















2 comments:

Ashley said...

Your jars turned out way cute and I love the tithing jars! Such a good idea.

Andrea said...

Those jars turned out really cute!!! I love the fishing pictures!