Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Lydia!!

Lydia's birthday party was a blast!! We had so much fun, Lydia is still talking about it. First of all, I did not pick Sponge Bob for her theme, that was all HER. I tried talking her into having a princess or my little pony theme to no avail. Oh well, it turned out cute! For games we had a go fishing game (I had a small pool with water and all kinds of sea creatures and they used little bug catcher nets to fish them out with), also Pin the tie on Sponge Bob (sorry, no pictures of the first two games), and then we had them swat at our Sponge Bob pinata. Sorry moms, all the pinata pictures only have the backs of the kiddos!! Also, these pictures are a little scrambled, but I hope you enjoy them anyway!

From left to right: Lydia, Tanner Allred, Collin and Deja Cavazos, Chloe Steele



From Left to right: Alia and AJ Jeurgans, Elle Hamaker



Little brother!
Lydia blowing out her 4 birthday candles like a pro!

LOVED the cupcake cake idea. Much easier than cutting a cake!



This present was a great idea. It is a kids tent. I set this up in Lydia and Ethan's room and they are having a blast with it! We will move it to the backyard once it gets a little warmer. Thank you Allie and Elle!


My little Pony grocery store. I have a lot of fun playing My Little Ponies with Lydia. It brings back memories! Thank you Amy and Deja!

This was a purple My Little Pony named Star Song (I don't know how Lydia remembers all those names). She was so excited because she had baby Star Song and now she has mommy Star Song. Thanks Janene and Tanner!

Lydia also go an awesome Play-Doe movie theatre theme set. We played this as our last family home evening game. It was a blast to watch Jake try to make miniature hot dogs and drinks. We had so much fun! Thanks Andrea and Chloe.
Also, sweet Ashley made Lydia the most adorable dress-ups and also gave her some bracelets and lip gloss. I promise I will get some pictures of them Ashley, I guess Jake was slacking on picture duty!!
My sister Bobbie got Lydia a Dora mermaid doll that you can take into the bathtub and her tail will move her around the tub. Lydia LOVES using this in the tub!! Thanks Bobbie and Hunter!
Last of all, Jake and I got Lydia the Leapster 2 hand held video game with an extra Nemo game to go with this. Thanks Lana for the suggestion--Lydia LOVES using this and I feel good that it is helping her with problem solving skill and numbers. She really is learning a lot, I totally recommend buying this even though it is a little pricey. We also got her a Barbie doll that sings and a My Little Pony car. Man, she got so much stuff! Thanks to everyone!


Elle Hamaker


Scrambling for candy! (My friend Ashley to the left, Andrea squatting on the ground, and Allie to the far right)


Collin Cavazos. This kid has amazing batting skills!

Tanner Allred


Deja Cavazos

Chloe Steele

Alia Juergans (trying not to hit Ethan who kept running up to smash Sponge Bob with his bubble wand)

Thanks Jake and Bryan for making this game so much fun. An extra Thanks to Bryan for coming over early to help Jake get the yard mowed!


Bobbie with sweet baby Hunter. I love this picture!


Birthday girl


AJ Juergans


And little Ethan


That poor bat was demolished by the end......we should have gotten a more sturdy one. Oh well, lesson learned!

Also, Lana and Terry (Jake's parents) got the kids their first bikes.....Lydia a Barbie bike with training wheels and Ethan a tricycle. I will get some pictures of the kids on their bikes soon!

Thanks to my dad and Rayline for the birthday cards and cash. We love and miss you!

1 comment:

Janene said...

Wow! It looks like so much fun...no wonder Tanner couldn't stop talking about it! ;) Thanks for the invite!